My Tractor

>> Sunday, February 1, 2009

Jan     31st 011 A few weeks ago I did a post on “Grandpa’s Tractor,” which was about my son, Darryl, tracking down and buying my dad’s old John Deere MT that he had bought new in 1950. More recently Darryl posted a piece on his blog about the tractor and included a short video.

Jan     31st 010 In this post I’d like to tell you about my tractor. I also have a John Deere MT. I purchased it a few years ago. I went directly to Moline, Illinois to the headquarters of the John Deere company to get it. I don’t know how long it had been sitting there but it was still brand new. And, I think I got a pretty good deal on it.

Jan     31st 003 Perhaps by this time you get the idea. My tractor is a 1/16th scale model of the John Deere MT. The MT was equipped with three different front ends: two wheels set close together for wide-row crops, a single front-wheel for narrow-row farming, or wide-spaced front wheels that could straddle two rows. My scale model had the two wheels set close together just as my dad’s (and now Darryl’s) was set up.

Jan     31st 002

It isn’t quite like having the real thing but I like it, and I got it before Darryl was able to bring my dad’s little MT back into the family.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP