Our House—Ceiling Fans

>> Monday, February 9, 2009

I have seen a few times, while visiting friends or relatives, a TV show where someone’s home is being re-done.  Perhaps you are more familiar with this show or shows than I am, but, what I saw happen more than once would have irritated me if it had been my home.  And, that was the removal of a ceiling fan and putting up in its place some sort of fancy light fixture.  This was always the idea of the professional decorator or whatever his title was.

It appeared to me that this individual was more concerned with the look he was attempting to achieve than in the benefit that was being gained from the fan.  Thankfully, my wife and I were our own decorators.  Maybe it isn’t the thing to do according to the professionals but we put a ceiling fan in every room in our home.  Actually there are two in the kitchen/dining room.  And, we even put one in the bathroom.

They are used.  The one in the kitchen is very near the wood burning cook stove and we leave it on the low setting 24 hours a day during the winter.  It helps to circulate the warm air.  We rarely run our air conditioner.  Instead we use our ceiling fans.  We very much appreciate the one that is in our bedroom, right above our bed.  On warm summer nights it is quite comfortable having a ceiling fan blowing air on us.

Below are pictured the ceiling fans in the kitchen and dining area.
 Jan     29th=30th 004
Jan     29th=30th 003

2 comments:

bcmomtoo February 10, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

It always irritates me when they take the ceiling fans down. There's a reason we have ceiling fans!

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Wow!! You have wonderful ceiling fans... I too have similar kind of ceiling fans which got from Ace Hardware...

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP