I’ve Kept It All These Years

>> Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Reminisce Magazine, which calls itself “the magazine that brings back the good times” is written by its readership.  The articles and photos are about earlier times, the depression, WWII, the 50’s, etc.  One feature they run each issue is one entitled “I’ve Kept It All These Years.”  The short notes are accompanied by a photo of some object the writers have kept over the years.  Many may be of toys or items from their childhood.

I have an item that I have had since my early childhood, my first plate.  It is more like a dish and is made of enameled metal.  It is now hanging on the wall in our dining room.  I’m not sure where my parents obtained it but I suspect it was inexpensive since it has a flaw in it.  There is a rounded area missing from one side.  I know that it didn’t keep me from eating a lot of meals from it.

Jan      27th 008 This photo shows the plate hanging on the wall.

Jan     28th 003 Here, sitting on the table, you can see that it is fairly deep, much like a dish.  With the rim it was easy for a small child (that was me!) to hang onto.

1 comments:

bcmomtoo January 29, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

I was just thinking this morning that it was kind of neat that the kids still have their first bowls - the ones with the clowns and their names in them. And they still use them occasionally. They're not quite as old as yours, so I guess they're going to hold on to them a while longer.

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP