Coping Without TV

>> Thursday, April 9, 2009

In my post of February 19th I related that with the switch to digital television we are unable to receive any TV stations.  We did not watch much TV anyway so it hasn’t been difficult to adjust.  What we have found is numerous internet sites where we can watch news videos, various episodes of popular TV shows, and much to our enjoyment episodes of classic TV programs from the past.

April  8th 004 I found that I can watch the NBC evening news with Brian Williams and I don’t have to be concerned if I’m done with my work outside.  I can access it at my convenience, at MSNBC.MSN.COM.  There are even additional segments that don’t make it into the 30 minute TV broadcast.

CBS has Katie Couric and the evening news at CBSNEWS.COM.  ABC has their news programs, including the evening world news with Charles Gibson, at ABCNEWS.GO.COM.

 



For entertainment there are a number of sites available.  One that has quite a number of movies, TV program episodes and “classic TV” is HULU.com.  Pictured here is Raymond Burr in his role of Ironside.

April  8th 005 Another “classic” that I watched an episode of last night is The Rockford Files.  A series that we watched years ago, and enjoyed, was MacGyver.  Almost all the episodes of all 7 seasons are available on cbs.com/video

April  8th 009If you can’t find anything “fit to watch” on TV try the internet.  There are many more sites than what I have mentioned that have movies and TV programs available without charge.

1 comments:

bcmomtoo April 11, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Cory is on hulu all the time.

I'm going to have to go watch those McGyver episodes. I always liked that show.

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP