A Couple More Candlesticks

>> Monday, March 28, 2011

I’m enjoying my Craftsman Router Crafter and am feeling more confident in using it.  I recently completed a couple of candlesticks made from the Eastern Red Cedar we have an abundance of here on Cedar Ridge.

small cedar candlestickThis candlestick, pictured to the left, is 6-1/2 inches tall.  After turning it on the router crafter I sanded it, sprayed it with several coats of shellac, and put a coat of wax on it.








IMG_2765The candlestick on the right is 10 inches tall.  It was finished in the same manner as the one above.  I’ll post a picture below of both together so you can see the size difference.






IMG_2767










I’m working on some other turnings and will post photos when I get them done.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP