Rollin’, Rollin’, Rollin’

>> Saturday, January 22, 2011

It seems that change accumulates.  Before moving here I would take my accumulation of change to my bank and they would run it through their coin sorting/counting machine and give me currency for it.  I had never checked with my bank here.  We used to save our change to take with us when we travelled as there were a number of toll roads here in Kentucky.  But, a few years ago they took out all of the toll booths and we don’t need coins for the toll roads.  So, the change keeps accumulating.

Last week while we were in town I went into the bank and asked if they had a coin sorting/counting machine.  The answer was “No.”  They were more than happy to supply me with a handful of coin wrappers so that I could sort, count and roll my coins.  It was a morning’s activity to get the coins sorted, counted into stacks and rolled.  After rollin’, rollin’, rollin’ coins I have a bit over $100.00 in coin to take to the bank.  And, now I can start accumulating again.

IMG_2649

1 comments:

Kelle at The Never Done Farm January 23, 2011 at 6:24 PM  

Isn't that a blessing, I mean the $100 you just had accumulating :o)

BTW, our bank will still sort them, but they charge you 10% now*sigh*

Blessings,
Kelle

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP