Workshop Update

>> Sunday, December 26, 2010

It has been several weeks since I last updated everyone on my woodworking shop.  That has mainly been because not much new has been accomplished.  I have worked a few hours in the last few weeks and have a start on putting tongue and groove boards on the interior walls.  The biggest, or at least, the most visual addition has been the porch.  Yes, a porch on a workshop.

It sort of evolved.  I needed some sort of step at the doors and I thought of trying to move my table saw in and out and decided some type of floor extending out from the shop would be helpful.  And, a little roof or awning over the doors would be nice on a rainy day.  We had an old porch glider that came off of the house porch when we got our porch swing.  Connie suggested the porch be large enough to have a place to put the glider.  So, here is a photo of the result.  I have yet to finish the flashing where the roof meets the wall of the shop.

IMG_2621

2 comments:

Connie December 26, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

That glider looks kinda 'left out in the rain'. :-)

Kelle at The Never Done Farm December 26, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

Love it, so rustic, yet very cozy. I'd love to have a place like this to just retreat to and work on crafts and sewing, Hmmmmm... Maybe Mike and come up with something smaller for me*wink* Thanks for inspiring me, Mike may not thank you, LOL!!!

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP