INFESTATION OF MICE

>> Saturday, December 11, 2010

A couple of evenings ago as I was leaving the barn after finishing the milking I noticed movement near the goat’s feed pan.  I stopped to watch

and it was a mouse, no, make that several mice.  They were not bothered by my standing and watching them eating the leftovers.  I decided then and there I’d needed to declare war on the little beasties.  Yesterday morning I drove into town and purchased some new mouse traps and some cheap brand of peanut butter to use as bait. 

By evening I had caught 3 and I reset my traps.  This morning I had another 5.  But, the one thing that is a puzzle is that one trap was totally missing, carried away by a very powerful little mouse I assume.  It may have been the one eating Nolan’s cheese.


2 comments:

housewife9988 December 18, 2010 at 2:36 AM  

OMG, this type of rodents are my hated beasts! They came to infest our new home and even danced in the very eyes of us in the twilight hours. However, with the rearing of cats/kittens, they disappeared but now all my 4 cats were all gone to no where, those rodents are coming back to haunt us again...
May be your that trap, you have to wash it quite clean and without the odour of them, or else they wont come again and sometimes the baits should be firmly fixed but the door of trap must be easily closed ... I understand how u described, as it was exactly what our family have been facing..

Hope you will catch more of them which were nuisance to all other animals and humans..

But then, why God created them???

hehehe..

Selena Slough November 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM  

Impressive work! Setting mouse traps isn’t as easy as it looks. You have to be strategic in your trap placement to catch these pests as soon as possible. It’s a good idea to pattern your placement with the activity of the mice, which is at night time. Oh, and don’t forget to wear gloves when you’re getting rid of the mice!

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP