We Now Have Power!

>> Sunday, November 7, 2010

I had a bit of time last week and was able to get electric power run to my woodworking shop.  On Tuesday Connie and I went to the nearest “big” town to do some shopping and I went by the electrical supply house and purchased 85 feet of electric cable that I could bury between the house and the shop.  On Wednesday we had light rain about all day and Darryl and I didn’t work on his house so I was able to get my small 70 amp breaker box mounted and wired up in the shop.



IMG_2604
Thursday morning I dug a shallow trench from the shop to the corner of the house in which to bury the cable.

IMG_2605
IMG_2606
After running the cable to the house and covering it with dirt I ran the cable I had fed under the house across to the area where I needed to connect it to the power in the house.  I drilled up into the wall and fished the cable up to the line, got it connected and then turned on the breaker to send power to the shop, all before lunch.  Then, it was down to help Darryl put siding on his house.

2 comments:

housewife9988 November 30, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

You are indeed living a very worthwhile retirement years.
Keep up the good work!

bcmomtoo December 11, 2010 at 8:32 PM  

So, I'm thinking that next time you come to visit, we'll have to get you to run power out to the shed!

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP