Happy Thanksgiving

>> Thursday, November 26, 2009

I was awakened at 2:25 A.M. (CST) by a telephone call from my youngest son, Craig.  When I answered he told me he was calling to wish me a happy Thanksgiving.  I asked if there was something else he wished to tell me, and there was.  He informed me that I had a new granddaughter, Sammi Elizabeth Pifer, born at 12:03 A.M. (PST).  So, we have another grandchild to be very thankful for.  We now have eleven grandchildren, seven granddaughters and four grandsons.

 



As I was carrying in firewood this morning I noticed that one of our strawberry plants has it’s seasons confused!

Nov. 24 & 26 010  Our fall has been quite mild with a low temperature of about 30 degrees only once or twice.  I still have several items in the garden.  I went out and gathered greens for today’s salad.  I had radish leaves, beet leaves, turnip leaves, two kinds of lettuce and two kinds of chard.  With a little oil and vinegar dressing it will be yummy.

Nov. 24 & 26 012 Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP