My Next Major Project

>> Sunday, December 6, 2009

After spending time with my brother-in-law in his woodworking shop while in Texas I came to the decision that I wanted a small shop of my own.  I have always enjoyed working with wood.  As a small child my parents gave me a set of small tools, access to small pieces of wood and small nails.  I attempted to build all sorts of things.  I worked with my father putting an addition onto our barn and adding a workshop to the back of our garage.  While in high school he managed to get me hired to work with him doing carpenter work during the Summer vacation two different years.  When I went to college I worked two years part-time in the campus woodworking shop.

I have done numerous projects through the 45 years we have been married, the most major being the completion of our house here in Kentucky.  But, I have never really had a shop.  I’ve worked out of the garage or on the front porch to do several projects.  My goal is to build a small shop, approximately 16’ X 16’ in our back yard.  As I plan it I envision adding a loft for storage, something we seem to always lack.  I’ll keep you updated on my progress.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP