Answer To Question

>> Monday, February 22, 2010

After my last post about obtaining a copy of Word Perfect Anna left a comment and asked,  “What makes Word Perfect so much better than Word or Open Office?”  Even if she weren’t my daughter I would still need to answer such a question.  Word Perfect isn’t necessarily better than other word processing programs, it is what I have been used to using and from my point of view is a bit more user friendly.  Let me explain what I mean.

I don’t see a lot of difference in doing a straight text document but something I do frequently is insert photos into a document.  This is where there is a definite difference.  In WP I insert a picture and it shows up as a small image with little squares at the corners ready to be dragged into a larger size.  In Word the photo arrives quite large and only after clicking on it do I get the little squares to make it smaller.  Okay, that’s not a big deal.  But, what is a big deal to me is when I go to continue typing and wish to extend text beside the photo.  In WP I simply move my cursor to where I want to type and begin typing.  Not so with Word.  I kept fussing with it to try and put text beside the picture and just couldn’t get it to work.  Danny then told me I had to first create a “text box” and drag it to the size and space required. 

As I told Danny, that seems like a lot of extra nonsense.  I use Live Writer in doing my blog posts.  I assume that many other bloggers do as well.  Inserting photos and typing beside them works almost the same as Word Perfect.  It just seems like the way it should be.  Anyway, for me, Word Perfect is the word processing program of choice.

1 comments:

bcmomtoo February 22, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

I've never used many images in documents, so I probably never would have noticed that. I would hate not to have control over where my images sit in relation to my text.

And, really, it is about what you're used to using. Why learn a new program when you don't really have to?

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP