Fishing

>> Saturday, March 21, 2009

As a boy I spent a lot of time on the creek bank fishing.  As an adult I have not fished often but still enjoy it.  Last summer I told the grandkids I would try to take each of them fishing, one at a time until they learned a bit about it.  I managed to take Jessica but just never did get the boys up to the county lake.  Yesterday morning was quite nice, although cool.  I dug a few worms and asked Ramiah’s mother if he was free to go fishing.  He had to finish his job of replenishing the wood pile on the porch and then he would be able to go.  It didn’t take him long to get that job done.

We drove up to the lake and began our fishing.  However, the fish didn’t seem to know we were there.  They just weren’t biting.  I got one little nibble and Ramiah did finally get a bite.  And, he caught his first fish, not a big one, but a fish.  He was quite excited about it.

Mar                 20th 001

1 comments:

dp March 21, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

Ramiah's face in the photo doesn't show his excitement! He was pleased though and had to tell me about it as soon as I got home.

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP