A Few More Projects Made on the Craftsman Router Crafter

>> Sunday, May 1, 2011

I keep playing with my Craftsman Router Crafter.  In the last couple of weeks I’ve turned out a few more items.

IMG_2840


I made two of these candlesticks.  The basic part was turned several months ago, shortly after I got my machine.  The top was too small to allow me to drill a hole for the candle so I just let them sit.  Recently I purchased some brass candle cups and I just fastened them on the top.  I also made a base for each of them.  The effect is often called a “pineapple” pattern.  It is achieved by turning both a left and right spiral.IMG_2844
This is a close-up so you can see the effect.

IMG_2864This is a candlestick with 3 flutes and a hollow center.  I think it is kind of neat.

IMG_2870

These two candle holders are just simple, short turned pieces of cedar with a candle cup.

IMG_2878


This is a mug tree made from the cedar.  The “limbs” are made with shaker pegs.  They are almost too large.  I’ll have to try and find something else.

Which item do you like?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP