I Have Word Perfect Again!

>> Saturday, February 20, 2010

In my last post (Computer Musical Chairs) I mentioned my concern I had earlier about not being able to use my version 10 of Word Perfect on the Vista operating system.  I had checked briefly about purchasing a new version but received “sticker shock” when I saw the price.  That was last year when I was first considering a new computer.  With the shuffle we have just gone through I tried to work with Microsoft Works but found it just didn’t work like my old Word Perfect. I thought maybe Microsoft Word would be better.  Since Connie had a copy of Word I installed it onto this computer.  I was attempting to do a few things with it and was getting frustrated.  Danny came by and since he has taught classes in the past in how to use Word I asked for his guidance.

Needless to say I found out that it wasn’t going to be any easier to work with than Works had been.  I did some checking on line regarding a new Word Perfect program.  Corel’s website showed the price of the newest version, complete retail box, was $300.00!  No, not really.  It was only $299.99.  Too rich for my blood.

I did a bit more searching and began to find various software companies offering the CD of the newest version, X4, for MUCH less.  They emphasized that these were 100% legal and were genuine.  I decided to give it a try.  Well, I got my CD Friday, installed the word processing portion only for now and I found it was just like my old version in it’s simplicity.  And, I didn’t pay $300.00 or $200.00 or even $100.00.  Would you believe it only cost me $15.90 and I got free shipping! 

Maybe I should have done more searching a long time ago and saved myself a lot of concern.

1 comments:

bcmomtoo February 21, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

It sounds like you got a great deal, but my question is: what makes Word Perfect so much better than Word or Open Office? I don't really use any of those programs enough to know. Mostly nowadays I use Google Documents for everything.

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP